almost 7 months old and still wakes up to eat 2-3 times a night

My daughter wakes up 2-3 times a night and refuses to fall back asleep until I give her a bottle. She was scream and cry like she is dieing of hunger until I give it. I have tried letting her cry for about 10 minutes but I can't stand to hear her longer then that. I have tried rocking her to sleep, singing to her, comforting her etc.. I don't know what else to do. I also give her a jar of solid before bedtime to make sure she is nice and full and I put her to sleep with a bottle so I know she can't be starving... Help me.. Is this normal?

casper4991

Asked by casper4991 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There's no need to let her cry. There's a reason you cant stand to let her do it for more than ten minutes, and that reason is that your a good mom! Babies shouldnt be left to cry.

It most definitely is just out of habit now, I dont think she's really hungry, but DONT feel like your the only one. My one year old still wakes up 3+ times a night to nurse. I've heard putting water in the bottle makes it not so worth it to wake up for them, or to slowly put less and less in the bottle each night.

If those things dont work for you, order a copy of The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley, it's a great book with great methods to help your baby sleep better.

Good luck! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• At this point, she is actually waking up out of habit. Unfortunately, it is normal Hon. They go through spells of weird sleeping patterns until they are about 3. The important thing to make sure is that she is not hungry, wet, or thirsty, nor sick. If these are all okay, I am sure it is habit. I wouldn't feel bad about giving her the bottle. It's easier to break them of the bottle than anything else. So, if it let's you get some sleep, do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• O.K. one of the suggestions I have heard for this is to give them a water bottle. I have heard that the water bottle is easier to break them from because there isn't any taste to it. Don't know if it's true but it couldn't hurt to try.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Apr. 16, 2009