How do I get over my childhood

Since I can remember, My dad has cheated on my mom. He has moved out, said they were getting divorced but always comes back. Since I met my husband, I have had trust issues. Sometimes I think he never had a chance. We have been together 8 years and he knows of these trust issues. But he talks to everyone like im a bad person and hes on a leash. I might add that we were together a year and he messed around with another girl. We were in high school and we were just taking things slow. Nothing had happened since. But I hold on to that and cant seem to let it go. How do I get past my childhood and what my parents done and keep it out of my relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Try counseling hun. I wish u the best of luck
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Talk to someone about it. Just remember if someone really wants to cheat they will, no matter how much time you spend together or apart. If he is at work or the gym, or the store....someone who wants to cheat will ALWAYS find a way.
    You have to trust the person you are with.
    Good luck!
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think alot of it goes back to treat some one as you would like to be treated. If you treat your husband good then in return you will be treated well in return.
    Let go of the pass ... forgive it and move on.
    Plus if he's been with you now for 8 yrs take that as a sign he's wanted to be there.
    As for as your parents goes .. you are you and they are them . Good luck
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• They are them?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you figure it out let me know. DH is the same way, always thinking I'm going to cheat since his parents both always did on each other.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You make a conscious decision that you control your life. You do not have to be a victim of your childhood. Your parent's issues have absolutely nothing to do with you and your husband. I think sometimes we let ourselves become victims of circumstance. You are a grown woman now and your childhood should no longer be used as an excuse for your behavior. If you truly do not want to act like that you wont.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Its a lie that many people easily tend to believe. ( We are what our parents are) If you believe it ,well then its true. But we don't.

In the beginning of our relationship, we were both like that.
    His parents cheated on each other. My parents cheated on each other. So i autimatically assumed he would treat me the same way.

But over time, we saw different. It was weird , after a while, we just both let go, and really started loving each other.
    We are not our parents.
    We've achieved much more that what they were able to give to us. -and were still pretty young, so we pretty much both let go of the idea that we are our parents. Were not, by a long SHOT.

My husband is a faithful, loving man who works hard for our family. I make sure I'm doing my part, and its all good!

No more carrying other peoples crapola, ya know?

aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2009