Where can I find a baby-gate that will attach to a metal banister?

We have a pretty long staircase and at the top there are metal banisters on either side. I have yet to find a baby gate that will work in this situation and its starting to make me nervous...

Michele_Lynn

Asked by Michele_Lynn at 1:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried doing a google search? i've never seen anything in stores, i actually had to not even try to put one on top of my stairs b/c the molding on the bottom sticks out too much so the gate doesn't connect to the top. i put it either at the end of the hallway near my daughters door or at her door. as for downstairs we have a metal banister there. you walk in our front door and there is a small section of tile, immediately to your left is the stairs and bathroom, and the wall on the stairs doesn't go all the way down. so we got a gate that was really really long from next to the door to where the wall ended that way it still blocked the stairs and as a bonus blocked the bathroom too. maybe you could find something like that?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• ps...i was a mesh gate that attached to the wall and had a swing open type door
    vabchmommy

• www.onestepahead.com has lots of baby gates for different situations.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:20 AM on Apr. 16, 2009