My sister in law is throwing a tantrum because I got pregnant first...

My sister-in-law had a plan to get pregnant before me and my husband. TRUST ME it was in OUR plans too! Our pregnancy was not planned and so when we found out we were pregnant it was a shock (a joyful one of course) to us. She took it hard though, as if we did this to her on purpose. Its been six months since we made our found out and she's been having trouble conceiving. Trust me, I feel badly for her! I want her to be able to have a child, but she's been treating us like enemies lately! She refused to help with my baby shower and insists that no one discuss the baby infront of her. She glares at me and ignores everything I say. NOW my mother-in-law is worried she may have an emotional dissorder going on and I'm scared to let her hold the baby... you never know. She could drop her on "accident" or something... I've never seen anyone react to a pregnancy with so much hate! What do I do!?

Michele_Lynn

Asked by Michele_Lynn at 1:59 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• she's jealous and bitter. don't leave her alone with baby or let her hold your baby until she gets over it (she probably won't want to hold baby anyways).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Definately dont let her hold your baby..she's been so negative this whole time, why should she have the privilage?? she sounds like my bff and her SIL..my bff just found out she's preggo and her SIL is STUCK on having the first girl. what a bitch your and my bff's SILs are
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:04 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• she's hurting... really, really, really deeply. People who hurt that much say and do awful things that they'd never think of doing otherwise.

I can't say how much of this is her being a brat and how much is deep pain. ou can't make her feel any differently, she has to find a way to get past it on her own. I guess just give her lots of room/space and realize that as of right now, she won't want to hold the baby or talk about- and it be best for all if she didn't.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 2:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It definatly sounds like she has some kind of emotional disorder to me, unless shes always been so much a f - bich......idk how you would go about letting her know about it tho if she already resent you! Good Luck..and Congrats!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• She is hurting, it is painful when u have problems TTC and ne mention or site of a baby just make it worse.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:25 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Tell her that she is an adult and needs to grow up and stop acting like a child. She doesn't deserve a child if she is acting this way. I am sorry but I wouldn't let her near the baby if she is going to act that way.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 2:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• She's hurt. She will get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• OMG. Tell her that you understand her pain and how deep it goes but you will not allow her to treat you or this baby with hate or anger. Tell her if she loves her brother and wants to be a part of this baby's life she needs to accept it and learn to love it. Meanwhile do not leave her alone with the baby and TELL her that due to her behavior she is not allowed to be alone with the baby.
    Congratulations and I am sorry you have not been able to enjoy this as you should be able to.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Sounds like a big baby mad at you?? She sounds like the baby ignore her & enjoy your growing baby
    Anonymous

• Sounds like my ex--sister in law to a T!!!!!! I got pregnant, she ended up pregnant, our first boys are exactly 5 months apart. I got pregnant again, so did she. My son and her daughter are 6 months apart. I got pregnant, guess what, she was too, and they would have been again 5 months apart. But my pregnancy ended at 12 weeks, then had a miscarriage. But had my daughter, when her son was turning one. I then got a divorced and literally six months later, she filed for divorce from his brother. Woman like this, really need help!!!!!! I feel for you, and can only say, I'm sorry. She will hopefully get over it, once she get's pregnant, and all you can hope for is that she has the opposite of what your having so she can feel fulfilled in that way. Congrats on the baby though!!!
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 4:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2009