painful baby shower

ok so i went to the doctor for a ROB and because of a ruptured lower disc he said that close to my 7th month he wants to start seeing me in bed a lot! so im trying to have my baby shower a little earlier than normal (about middle of my 6th month) but because im trying to pick the date (so that my mother and sister can be there since they live outta town) im afraid that the rest of the family involved in the shower plans might think that im trying to push this shower thing too fast! ive explained everything to them and they seem to understand...maybe i just feel guilty? am i wrong to try and pick a date for medical reasons?

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 2:25 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope. i picked the date for mine b/c my sister lives out of town and for my first i lived in another state so my family couldn't be there. so my shower will actually be two days before my scheduled c-section since my sister is going to be the one in the hospital with me she will just come three days earlier to go to the shower. everyone understands and doesn't mind. so if they don't screw em, i wouldn't want them there if they didn't understand anyways
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I wouldnt feel bad at all...everyone wants you and the baby to be healthy, and this is dr's orders! and of course you want your family there!! Don't feel bad!!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Dont feel bad. I'm sure that your family understands!

If its any help at all, I'm having two showers to accomodate one of my friends who is shipping off to Iraq in a few weeks. I'm having a small shower with some friends before she leaves and then another one with everyone else later in the month.

Dont feel bad about what you want or have to do though. Your desires for your shower sound completely reasonable to me.
    Michele_Lynn

Answer by Michele_Lynn at 2:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Do what you need to do. Everyone should be working around YOU. This shower is not really for the baby. It is for the MOM. You should have NO guilt feelings whatsoever. And just a tiny piece of advice, stop feeling guilty over things you cannot control. You have a long road ahead of you and should not be starting it with a negative feeling like that. Cut yourself some slack momma. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I planned mine early because with twins things can get a little unpredictable after week 25. I was also concerned the doc would bed rest me by then, but I'm just 2 days from 32 weeks and still up and about (and no sign the twins are coming any time soon LOL!) So don't feel guilty, a lot of people have had to do the same thing!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 5:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2009