Is it true when people say wait till your kid is in that terrible twos stage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It depends on the child really (and what you are comparing it to).

Think of it this way (says the child development student): Two year olds are going through the same chemical changes in their brains that teenagers go through.... these are changes that cause moodiness and impulsive behavior - just teenagers have more words and very skilled eye rolling abilities.

scared? LOL. Dont be. Two year olds, if handled well, are SO much fun!
    Michele_Lynn

Answer by Michele_Lynn at 2:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think 3s are worse than 2s
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• 3s are way worse...2s are bad but i'm over 3 already and its only been 4 months
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:45 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you go to the library there is a series of books called "Your ... child" Fill in the blank with the childs age. I can't remember the author tho. For example, "Your two year old child". It goes by year and in the books it discusses behavior traits all the way down to months. This series was invaluable to me when my kids were little. Good luck. And yes, the twos can be terrible,but not when you are prepared with knowledge. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:04 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My 2 yr old is going through the terrible stage... it is tough to handle when they throw tantrums and are doing opposite of whatever you do... you need lot of patience and then some more... but 2 year olds are so much fun to be with... she talks so much and its all..... so cute... their ideas, the crazy and relentless questions... their pretend plays... its all sooooo cute... I am loving this stage. Of course there are times when you with you can drop her off somewhere and not have to deal with her... but you get the strength to handle it as you go and learn valuable parenting skills.. so dont worry too much.. its a phase you can look forward to, not dread...
    SweKrish

Answer by SweKrish at 7:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• the terrible twos is just a start. It's all down hill after that. Trust me I have a teen and a preteen. LOL.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My first was a frightful baby and a wonderful toddler and my second was a delightful baby and a horrid todddler. They are all different.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I really don't think its as bad as people make it out to be--or maybe their kids are just going through it worse--Most days are good, but dd does have her days where she throws fits and i hear alot of no, and we spend some time in timeout--but really i mean she's trying to become independent and she's still teething( which explains the tantrums sometimes)--so i try to cut her a little slack.
    Lanasmom

Answer by Lanasmom at 8:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Eh, terrible twos are not so bad. Right now our family is experiencing the terrible 15 and 17's.....very interesting some days.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 8:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I didnt have terrible two with my 11 yr old we had it at 3 and not Im having terrible 11's. And terrible 14's and 9's with my step children. I would do the 3s all over again that was easy its harder when there older grrr
    my4kids97

Answer by my4kids97 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 16, 2009