Lower spine?

Right above my but crack, which I'm guessing is the end of my spine, hurts and sometimes locks up when I lay down. What could be the cause of this? I sleep on a crappy bed but that use to never be a problem. I recently gained 20 pounds. Could the extra weight be contributing to it? Iv'e never had this problem before.

Morgan.

Asked by Morgan. at 2:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Health

• if you recently gained weight that is probably it, especially if it started after the weight gain or during. my husband gained about 30 lbs and started to have back spasms. the bed could also be a factor in that you've been sleeping on it so long your back can't handle it anymore. but more likely the weight gain. the best i can say is try to lose some of the weight and see if that helps. if not it may be something else you need to get checked out. (DH lost some of the weight and the spasms are now less frequent and bad when they do happen, dr said it was the weight gain that caused them)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Extra weight is notorious for causing back pain.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:55 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Have you fallen in the last few months? I'm wondering if you have cracked your tail bone. I fell into the river, rafting and bumped along the bottom of the river in the rapids. I came up all bruised and later discovered that I had bad pain when I was halfway into the the sitting position. I had to hold onto something to help me sit all the way down. It took several years to stop giving me trouble. Hope this is not your prob. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 3:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I get that,I have scoliosis
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2009