How much do you pay for your kids insurance?

Since my huband lost his job we took out COBRA insurance for my child. We pay $350 a month for the insurance. What do you pay for your kids insurance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Nothing, they are covered through their father and he is in the military. Doesn't cost a dime.
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 3:20 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• im from canada..so..nothing!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• How does the insurance work in Canada? Do you like it or is it a bi*ch like I have heard it is?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My hubby works for the state. It takes 200 out of his paycheck for me, and when we have kids, it will take about 350 out. Same coverage as COBRA, it's BlueCross BlueShield Plus.
    Erin1108

Answer by Erin1108 at 4:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I'm in Canada too so health care is free.

Anon:  I guess it all depends on who you talk to.  Some people hate it and others love it.  Personally, I love it!  My husband works for an American company and they have tried 3 times to get him south of the border.  It would have meant more money for us but I said no every time and the state of health care in the US was one of my primary reasons.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:29 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My husband gets ours free through his job (union). If we had to carry it Cobra it would probably be over $1000 a month. When I had insurance before he was in the union we paid $1700 a month for (at the time) three of us.
    grammarpolice

Answer by grammarpolice at 8:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• We are a military family and health insurance is covered in the cost of his basic pay, which is why we receive so little. Our dental costs around $30 per month and covers squat.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I pay just under $400 a month. The only good thing is that if we have more kids they are all covered without us paying more.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Nothing. My DD has Medicaid. But, my DH and I don't have anything.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Nothing, we have Badgercare and currently no premium. Before I lost my job it was $400 a month for our insurance, plus copays and deductibles. The Cobra would have been about $1700 a month.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2009