This is just a kindly reminder because I love you ladies (even you anons) lol.

Please go get a mammogram done. Many moms think that they don't have to because there is no history in thier family! There is only diabetes in my family and my oldest cousin on my moms side had to have her big ol' boob removed. I asked her how she knew she had something and she was dumbfounded! Don't let this happen to you!Oh I guess I have to ask a question...Have you had a mammogram done?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 3:47 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A favor to ask and it only takes a minute.... Just click on the site and your click will be counted

Please tell ten friends to tell ten today! The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on "donating a mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle).

This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammograms in exchange for advertising.

Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

I hope you don't mind I post this here Gigi
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i have!!!! my dr made me have one last year, i was 25..so now thats its in her file, im guessing she will be reminding me of them every year..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i have never had one and i am 26
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I am just trying to plant in your minds to go get one, I have never had one but i will now. Just spread the word ladies...my friends, We have so much on our plates but let's just let another mom know to go!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:59 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Jaja, as long as you are doing a good job at making moms aware then JUST DO IT! I have done what I could. God bless you mommies and check your boobies, TATA'S, Chichi's lol just check them for the love of God!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Never had one. Im 20.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 4:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Gigi, I am fourty and my doctor has told me because I am so large the test would not be helpful and he won't order me one. I have told him I want one anyway and he won't.
    It is difficult because I have so many problems that seeing him is neccesary. Do you have any suggestions?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Susie, my mom had this same problem! Her doctor said that it wouldn't work, so she switched doctors. They didn't give her a traditional mammogram, but did an alternative method. I want to say it was an xray... but I could be wrong. If you doctor isn't trying to help you, I'd say get a new doctor in any case! Good luck. I'll ask my mom tomorrow and see what they did!
    Erin1108

Answer by Erin1108 at 4:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Thank you for the reminder. It was a mammogram that discovered mine. I reminded my students, and two came forward a couple weeks later and reported that cancer had been discovered by their mammograms, too. Get it discovered early enough and treatment is simpler.

Answer by Bmat at 7:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I'm due for one between now and age forty. I am thirty five. Breast Cancer runs in my family.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2009