I am exhausted when he is awake..but as soon as he is alseep....

I am WIDE awake and can do anything. Does my child really take THAT much out of me? Why does my body do this? (he's 15months)

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:04 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What do you do when he is awake? Are you contantly taking care of him?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:11 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• constantly is an understatement lol...so yeah I am him the house, hubby, myself, and now two kittens...
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:12 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think you are not getting any me time. Moms used to tell me that when I had small kids and I just wanted to smack them. But as my kids have gotten older I have realized that it is true. You need recharge time. Time to spend just drinking a cup of tea and reading a book. If I had it to do all over again I would establish a break time. Just like at work. Ten am would be a 20 minute break. Give the kids something to do to occupy them then sit down and read or something for a few minutes.
    But not feel guilty and like I had to get up and move constantly.
    I was talking to my husband and I appologized because I didn't make a big dinner. He just looked at me like I was crazy. I think we put too much on ourselves. Give yourself a break, being a mom is hard work!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2009