• In the Spotlight:

h, i had my CS a month ago. how ome i still feel pain on the wound part? i thought il be ok now? how long will it take me to be comfortABLE AND FEEL OK? also, is it normal that until now, the ound is not yet totally healed? you see, i still have to cover the wound w plastic everytime i take a bath, coz when it gets wet, there's pas going out. you know, yellow liquid coming out and a bit blood coz theres still wound.

my CS part still hurts sometimes when i walk. wha should i do? i it normal?

mommylei1202

Asked by mommylei1202 at 5:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It doesn't sound like its healed, and could even be infected. You need to hit up your doc asap. The pus is a bad sign. Does it have red streaks coming away from the wound? Needless to say if it is still bleeding this long after the wound is not healed. Have you done strenuous exercise you shouldn't have or lifted too much weight? You really do need to head back to your doctor for this.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 6:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Blood and pus coming out of anywhere is a bad sign... your doctor should have told you that when you had the CS... you need to call your doc and get an appointment... and if he can't see you today I'd do a visit at the ER.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• See your dr. My c-section was healed, and my dr. cleared me to take baths and do whatever I wanted, after two weeks. If it's been a month, and there's blood and pus, it sounds infected.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:11 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• mine would leak a clear fluid from the very end of the incision and I went to my dr. twice for it and she said as long as it wasn't inflammed and hard under the skin then it was normal drainage. but i would go get it checked out for sure.

dze527

Answer by dze527 at 6:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I agree with tropicalmama. I would go back to your ob and have them look at it. Sounds like you have an infection. I had my cs almost a month ago, and I have no pain and my incision is completly healed.
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It's infected get to the Dr. ASAP!
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:43 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i agree with everyone on here. It sounds like it is infected and i would get to the Doc's ASAP. They should have made sure there was no drainage before you left the hospital. I was cleared to shower after BOTH by the 3rd day just not to rub. If this is your first there shouldnt be any pain or anything maybe a little tender when the monthly visitor arrives.
    momof2girls2407

Answer by momof2girls2407 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• is it warm to the touch?? I had more issues with my incision healing after having emma than when i had colin. I was up and about more after emma with her health issues and being back in the hospital 2 before she was 3 weeks old having to sleep in a chair. I would just call the dr but chances are its just taking a little longer to heal properly b/c of having to chase after sarah and not getting to rest with your legs up. Good luck if it worries you i would just give the dr a call. I think i felt some pain and discomfort for about 3-4 mo after emma
    danielle072903

Answer by danielle072903 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• SS but you need to see your doctor ... i know its a pain as i had a hard time with mine and it took a long time to heal and you need to make sure you are taking it easy i know that is hard too but that was one of the reasons i had so much problems with mine i was simply doing to much
    atowne

Answer by atowne at 2:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2009