Tea Parties: Do you think they were a one time event? Or, do you think they are the start of a larger movement?

I went last night to one and it was great. I went with my Democrat sister-in-law. She was astounded by all the different groups that were protesting something about the government.
Things from, congress having too much control, wasteful, government spending, bailouts, pork, putting our children in debt. We had about 2,000 people.
Do you think Congress and the President will listen? If they don't do you think they will see dramatic changes in 2010? I am pumped and ready to get my country back from greedy politicians. how about you?
My local one has already posted on Facebook this am about another rally they are doing in the coming months. Any other cities talking about more events?

myame

Asked by myame at 6:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• myame

Answer by myame at 6:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I like this picture, Young Citidals spoke in Charleston, SC...

myame

Answer by myame at 6:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The Washington Post said DC only had hundreds reported atteneded in their attendance... Yet I was there and hubby is a DC cop. We talked to some of the guys on duty. They had guessed there to be around 2000. And that was even after the permit to protest at the Treausry was vetoed at the last minute by sec svc. Guess the Washington Post can't count. Liberal media bias? How can you expect complete participation (non partisan) when liberals who read and listen to msm, and real liberal crap are not being told the truth? Goodness, when will these people wake up.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I hope they continue to encourage people to be aware of what politicians are doing and remind those in Washington, THEY WORK FOR US!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

This. I think the quality of our politicians have really gone down in the last 10 years and somewhere along the line they just started worrying about their next election and stopped worrying about their job.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 7:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• grlygrlz2 and smalltowngal, I agree with both of you as well.
    myame

Answer by myame at 8:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I will keep saying this this is the best way to get the message across !!! I wish I could have gone. This is not about parties . It's about us the people our kids. It's targeting the Rep and Dems that have been wasting our money for years to today. I am tired of paying so much in taxes and having the gov wasting it.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 8:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I didn't attend one since there wasn't one near us. I think it's a great idea though. What's the point in having rights like free speech if you don't use them? I do think the people in Washington (both parties) need to get a big clue! I was SO furious when they voted themselves another pay raise, I could have just spit!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 8:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If it is something people continue to agree with then they should protest more. It takes time for the government to listen. I, for one, don't agree with the cause.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 9:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The problem with this movement is that it does not have a clear focus. I saw signs about taxes, guns, abortion, liberties, etc. So, what is it EXACTLY they're protesting? The other problem is that it is a "movement" without a leader. I don't see it going anywhere.
    goddessmonica

Answer by goddessmonica at 9:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2009