can taking castor oil help me go into labor sooner?

momma904

Asked by momma904 at 6:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think people say it can... if you're near your due date anyway... but it can make you sick... you will have vomitting and diahrea (dunno if I spelled that right...)... really bad.

I'd just try walking alot, that can help labor hurry up.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I tried it and it didn't work for me and it just gave me diahrea
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 7:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It worked for me. But not every time I used it.

I took it about 5 days before I was due with my oldest and it took about 45 minutes before BAM! I spent the next 2 hours on the toilet.

The day after I was due my mom told me to try it again, considering I was a little more dialated and thinned out. So I did. I drank one bottle and after an hour nothing happened. So my mom and I went to get another bottle and on the way there it hit. Lucky me I got to sit in a gas station bathroom for about an hour. After a minute or two I had the place to myself. LOL Anyway, yea that time it threw me into labor about an hour later.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:38 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It's a myth and all it will do is make you chit all day and you can possibly make your baby have a bm in utero which can be very dangerous. Your body will NOT go into labor until it's ready. Before you even try anything crazy like that it's best to consult your OB. Think of your baby first.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Its disgusting and tastes like plastic and will give you diarreah. Other than that...I am not convinced it works.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I used it with my last one I took 2 tablespoon of it but that same day my doctore striped my membrains.I took it at 6pm and with in 45 mintues I was going to the bathroom.Kept going to the bathroom for 2 hours and then at 10:30pm I went into labour and at12:20am she was born.So it worked for me but I also got my membrain striped too.Ask your doctore to stripe your membrains if she does and there is bleeding after she does it then she did it good then can't the castrol oil.If there is no bleeding after membrain were striped then she didn't do it good.But when you do get your membrains striped it feels unconfrotable and hurts a little.But worth it
    Mamato2angels

Answer by Mamato2angels at 9:38 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• taking castor oil does NOT induce labor... it makes ur bowels go crazy... which for some ppl when they have horrible bowel movements and vomiting THAT can induce labor.... not very often in the cases i have heard though.... but here is the thing NOTHING WILL INDUCE LABOR IF UR NOT READY!! juss remember that =]] if ur body is ready then u can try walking which helps make an easier delivery and having sex... theres a hormone in sperm that can help induce labor... but u will fail at every attempt if ur not ready... so trying anything to induce labor is hit or miss... it might or might not work... it cant hurt to try though if u really wanna have ur baby... i suggest not taking castor oil though.... u'll be in for a ROUGH few hours
    8sammy8

Answer by 8sammy8 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• ive heard good things about it... but when i tried it, it didnt work for either purpose... ur supposed to drink a whole bottle (one of them small ones)... if u try it, gl
    StarsChildren

Answer by StarsChildren at 10:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I can't believe how many are saying to try it! Think about the risk to the baby sheesh! Pregnancy isn't easy! Think about the baby first and stop being selfish!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• dont did it. i didnt work for me .try taking a hot hot hot bath and have sex that work wiyh my son.with my daughter i took a hot had sex and drunk the castorl oiland it did nothing but kept on the toliet all night long . i lost 2 lbs right before i had my daughter i think it was from the castorl oil . im not not pregnant with my 4th child and i will never do the castrol oil again. its awful its like drinking vaseline.
    theresa76

Answer by theresa76 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2009