Due date given by ultrasound. help, please

Ok I'm confused! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I told the dr. when my LMP was and then had my ultrasound and he told me I measured 'a little bit farther along' (I'm assuming 9 days since my due date was set at 9 days before what it should have been going by LMP) According to my LMP i should have been measuring about 11 wks 2 d which would mean that I concieved roughly 9 wks 2 d ago. But I measured 12 wks 4 d....so does that mean I concieved 12 wks 4 d ago or 10 wks 4 d ago?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The due date I was given by ultrasound was more accurate than the caluclation based on my last period. My first due date was Oct. 4th and the ultrasound moved it to Oct. 10th. My son was born on Oct. 14th. Late either way, but the ultrasound was closer.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:13 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It's just an estimate. Go by the first day of your last period. Estimates are just that, you can't go by them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I've completely lost faith in the whole due date timing. I know exactly when I conceived (you kind of remember an "oops" night) couple that with the fact that there was no sex going on at the time they say I conceived my due date is over 2 weeks off. That said I am, by my calculations, over 41 weeks already, so I don't think they are an exact science by any means. I've come to the determination that putting a baby on an artificial time table causes nothing but stress :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yeah according to my last period i should be 28 weeks as of yesturday....ultrasounds done early in my pregnancy put me at 27 weeks as of yesturday... when my doctor measured me on 14th she said i was measuring at 28 weeks.. it's only a week difference so I just go in the middle I know when i concieved as well ( ooops) LOL
    happyplus3

Answer by happyplus3 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Wait until your 20 week or whenever they do your next one to see the sex. They give a better date then as its easier to measure the bones and things. I was due September 20th then at my 20 week it went to September 15 and she was born the 14th. According to my lmp I was due the 18th.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Is it so hard to answer the question? I know nothing is EXACT and it's all estimates. but if i measure farther along does that mean when they tell me 12 wks...is that the age of the baby? or is 10 wks the age of the baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The ultra sound is saying that you concieved 10 wk 4 days ago. But that is not the question, the question is did you ovulate early and ACTUALLY concieve 10 wk 4 days ago. OR is the ultrasound wrong. And considering the rush to deliver of OB's these days I would be very worried that your "know it all" doctor will attempt to induce labor early and cause you to have a premie, a c-section or both. If you know when you concieved, I would put up a big fuss about having your due date moved right now. Normal for white women is 41 weeks and a few days. Don't let anybody rush you. That is the main reason that the c-section rate is so freaking high!
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 10:15 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• first that is all anyone can tell you we dont know when you had sex.
    second why do you ask this everyday??????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The same thing happened to me when I went in to my docs and he asked me when my LMP was he told me I was 16 weeks but the very next day when I had my US they told me I was 17wks & 1dy... I am really confused myself because when I conceived my lil' man it isnt adding up... I wish I could help but i'm going through the same thing
    Julians_Mommy09

Answer by Julians_Mommy09 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2009