Soap buildup on soap dish

We have this soap dish that's attached to the wall, and the previous tenants left it pretty gunked up with bar soap residue. What's the easiest way to remove it?

sariejack

Asked by sariejack at 8:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Wrap a wet wash cloth around it for a couple of hours and then scrub it. You might have to do this a few times to get all of the gunk off.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I used washing powder because its gritty and gets the job done. Its like sandpaper but with soap. Sounds ghetto..lol..but it works!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Elbow grease. LOL
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 8:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I am the laziest housekeeper in the world, but I hate a messy house. The easiest way that I have found to tackle built up soap in the dish, is to deal with it while I'm in the shower. After you've been in there, washed, shaved & all that, the built up soap is softer & easier to deal with. Then you can use a washcloth & lather it off. If its really bad, it might take a week of showers. This way, you also won't feel dirty after dealing with someone else’s left behind mess!
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2009