Laundry Detergent

We have been using Tide but the really big bottle with spout on it because it was way cheaper to buy the larger container. Do any of you have any better ideas for keeping it...non messy. Everytime I use it it drips. I try to wipe the spout but I still fins detergent on the cupboard. And don't get me started on the cup it comes with. Do you rinse it out after everytime? I am so frustrated.

MommaM2

Asked by MommaM2 at 8:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't use Tide, but I do use a cup, and I just throw it in the washer with the clothes. Take it out when I put them in the dryer, no rinsing required then. Is the spout you're talking about on the outside, or does it have a cap? If it has a cap, like mine, I just do it all over the washing machine, so that it all goes in the machine. If it's just on the outside, I don't have any advice, since I always had that same problem and couldn't figure out how to solve it either.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Make sure the vent lid on the back is not to loose and then keep the lid on the pour spout. Try elevating it a little with an old cloth or burping it if it tends to leak a lot you may have a lot of extra air in it. Put down an old towel and let that catch it and once your done with the bottle throw the towel in before you buy a new bottle.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I do not use detergent. I use magnetics. Here's the link http://www.lifenatural.com/laundry.htm they work! I got hooked on them over the summer when a friend was staying with us used them. I don't know how they work, i just know that they do. And for white clothes we use them plus a scoop of oxy clean.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 11:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Sorry no advice, don't use Tide (I break out in horrible welts). I use ERA or Gain and the big bottles have spouts but I have had no issues with leaking. As for the cup, I just run it under the water as the washer fills.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Original Poster Here- It isn't just Tide detergent. We have bought other brands with the same spout and the same thing happens. We have a front loading washer now and can't rinse the cup like we could before.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i buy gain in the huge bottle like you are talking about and i also have a little bottle that i just refill the little bottle with the big bottle about every 2 weeks. it is just easy to handle the small bottle then the big one.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2009