Is it safe for a 3 yr old to drink about 3oz of Propel a day?

Prican91181

Asked by Prican91181 at 8:50 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I really think this is a question that should be put to your pediatrician. I wouldn't give any of the energy drinks of any kind to my kids. Water is what is best for them. If they are eating a healthy diet they shouldn't need the additives in those drinks.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Marwill, propel isn't an energy drink it's flavored water.

op- it should be fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It's water with added vitamins to boost energy. I wouldn't give it to my child but that's me. I agree with first poster, call the pedi and ask.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• it's actually to help replace electrolytes not boost energy. my dd is 2 (will be 3 in july) and it don't hurt her to drink it from time to time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• whatever it is why put this crap in their bodies?

Ingredients
    WATER, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVOR, SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), SODIUM CITRATE, POTASSIUM CITRATE, SUCRALOSE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3), CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), VITAMIN E ACETATE, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE (VITAMIN B5), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2009