Simply Simple...

I am so glad that my path/beliefs (Paganism) is simple. I am sorry, but after reading these posts for the past few days I have come to realize that my choice is so much nicer and more peaceful... NOT disrespecting any-one religion by-far, but it seems that there is a lot of "Rules" and "No Freedoms" when it comes to other religions and it just reinforces my reasons for leaving Christianity behind...
There are a lot of scare tatics with some religions exspecially with Christianity, only a few will make it here, the dead will rise, etc...ect... (sounds like a horror movie to me)... some trying to convert others knowing that the others don't want to and all bc a Book told them too, sorry ...oh and a lot of hateful exchanges...
I am glad that you have a strong belief system, but I am SO at PEACE not being Ruled by a Book...

Other thougths???
I am NOT Bashing others, this is an HONEST OPION of what I see here.

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 9:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• it's not that we'r ebound by the "rules" we choose to obey God's commandments and true christians live peacefully & are truly happy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• There is a HUGE difference between the love of God and "religion."

Religion is man made and full of flaws. The love of God is perfect and full of peace as well.

I dont see my life as being ruled by a book, I see the Bible as a road map to help me along my life journey. Everyone needs direction from time to time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I adore you gmasboy. :-)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Like I said, I am NOT disrespecting anyone's beliefs, it is an OPION of what I see on these threads daily...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Awww... TY jennijune... *smiles"

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:07 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• That's why I love Hinduism. Although it's very complicated because they back up a lot of their beliefs w/ science & physics. And all that can get confusing. But hey, at least we are not blindly having faith, we can put up the best arguments to our truths because we have figured out the math. Also, there are NO scare tactics in Hinduism. You don't even have to be "christened" or anything like that. Hinduism is more a philosophy than a religion. Actually, Christianity is one of the FEW religions that use scare tactics, & a lot of Christian denominations do NOT use scare tactics. Maybe you should study Christianity & other religions more, not that you have to believe in them. But it will really expand your knowledge about religion. Because i believe you have it wrong, & it seems like your judging most religions out there by the way you came across in your post.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• samurai_chica I have studied many different types of Religion, as I said it is an OPION of what I see on this thread on a daily basis...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:11 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I agree with anon at 8:04! I've never experienced the freedom and love I have since coming to Christ. We are all given free will. If you choose to exercise your free will to worship whatever it is you do as a pagan, then knock yourself out. I however, CHOOSE to exercise MY FREE WILL to follow God,and worship Him,and live my life according to His Holy Written Word. No one forces me to do ANYTHING,least of all God. This is how I WANT to live my life. This is what brings me the joy and happiness and security nothing of the world could ever offer. The ONLY thing I'm bound by is my love and devotion to my Heavenly Father. The creator of everyone,and everything. And, it's the most freeing thing I ever did. I was so enslaved to this world,and all it's horrors, no wonder I was a miserable mess. Not so since I found God. Sorry if you can't see that, but it happens to be the truth.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I majored in religion, it's my life & find that MOST religions are don't use scare tactics. In fact, i have LOVED every Christian church i have been to. I can understand their love for the divine, I think it is ABSOLUTLEY beautiful! Only one time have i been to a church where they told me i was going to hell, & well I never went back. Reading & experiencing religions are different. Maybe try going to a non-denominational church to understand them better. Their devotion is a beautiful thing, I have even got teary eyed going to Christian church services. And yes I am Hindu, but i love experiencing it all.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Samurai chica, I was saved and baptized in a Non-Denominational Church,and I agree. That's where I learned the true love of God,and the freedom I'd been searching for.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 16, 2009