Does ANYONE know?

If i measure 12wks4d from an ultrasound scan......did i concieve that many weeks ago? or 10wks4d ago???? Since the ultrasound measures how big the baby is and what not....does it actually date from ovulation if you measure farther along than your LMP?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well I am 16 weeks 1 day pregnant, and They said my conception date was new years eve...so i marked on my calnedar from week 1 to week 40 and on new years eve was the start of my week one...idk if that is accurate, but we couldnt go by my LMP, so we jsut went on the measure of the baby !
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 9:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I am not sure about this one. But if you dont mind me asking = why do you care, if you are 10 weeks or 12 weeks?? Better yet = when you concieved?
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:38 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I dont know = I just reread your question............ Maybe I am misreading it.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Really don't understand why you have to be so rude bristle3kids..What is it any of your business to ask that question!!? I know a lot of people who like to know just for the fun of it. But of course there are always negative people on here trying to put people down. I am really just getting sick of this whole damn site!!

Have you asked your doctor!? Maybe he or she can help you out on that one. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• From my ex. with my Dr. It really changed almost every time. first he said I was 6 weeks, then 5 weeks later I was 12 weeks...:D So its kind of hard to figure out the exact day, but I would count back on both of the dates( the 12 weeks one and 10 weeks one) and see if your might remember anything ;). I also counted back the days too..so its not bad to want to know..its kind of fun to think about I think. PS maybe I just had a bad Dr. But he was off on my due date by 3 weeks. So make sure you plan ahead. I wish I would have had someone tell me that. The baby book, Your preg. week by week is a great tool to help you out though the whole thing. Hope I helped.
    JackieB33

Answer by JackieB33 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Doctors ALWAYS count the two weeks when you are growing your egg and preparing your uterus for conception even though it is a dumb and confusing way to do it. That is the way they do it, and they are not going to change. Anytime a doctor or medical person tells you a certain number of weeks you can bet that they are including those two extra weeks when you were NOT yet pregnant.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 10:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• again askign again the answers wont change you havent got different ones everyday
    so why ask again and again and again??
    TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!

does it matter anyways i mean your pregnant at a estimated due date yolu will have a baby get over it if it is because you dont know who the dad is well blood test!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you are 12 w 4 d then that means you likely ovulated at 10 w, as doctors also count the two weeks prior to ovulation, when the egg is growing (this is why they ask for your last period to figure out your due date.) So you likely conceived (or the egg fertilized and implanted) 10-11 weeks ago, if that makes any sense.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 10:45 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• whoops, sorry I just realized I typed that wrong. It means you likely ovulated 10 weeks ago, not at 10 weeks.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2009