How much should politicians earn?

Jeangenie

Asked by Jeangenie at 9:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am fine with what they are getting now. I think for the jobs they do they get what they deserve. Most make under $200K, and then you have people like Bloomberg (mayor of New York) who is getting $1.00 a year as payment for that job :)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 9:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• No more than $150k a year. IMHO.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:45 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think politicians should make minimum wage. Anyone with me?
    Jeangenie

Answer by Jeangenie at 9:50 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• minimum wage haha...then it would be higher

ok seriously no more than what they would need to live in DC (ive heard its very expensive) & be able to save enough to put their kids thru college.

how about giving them an average of what our men & women who put their lives on the line for our country make?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• okmanders, made a good point. I think they should make the same as those in the military. I
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• ROFLMAO at the giving them what the people in the military make. I laugh so hard cause 95% of the people in the military make so little they qualify for public assistance.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think minimum wage is a GREAT idea. It would filter out the crooked politicians who are only in it for the money and have more concerned and selfless politicians like Ron Paul in there! Im all for that!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think their pay should be merit-based.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I say MAX 85k. that is how much a 30 year active duty mil. member would earn. Plus the same health benefits. I REALLY believe that all politicians should have to have some sort of military experience (especially senators,house of reps. and presidents) they are having to make CRUCIAL military decisions and should at least know where these men and women are coming from.
    Anonymous

• I think their pay should be the same as the military and so should their health care and other benefits. I think they are way overpaid and it is complete bs that they get to vote themselves pay raises! Why can't WE vote on whether or not they get a raise? ????????
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 12:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2009