My 6 year old picks on her 2 year old sister Help?

I have a 6 year old that had all the attention for 4 years until her little sister was born. Now my 6 year old is in kindergarten and still fights with her sister. When I try to explain to her that her sister is little and needs to be watched closer she gets mad. Her little sister doesnt help matters she picks back. They fight for attention all the time. What can I do to make this better and get them both to mind me?

tshortt

Asked by tshortt at 9:15 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you tried weekly "me and mommy" dates? Where you leave one child with Daddy for his own "Daddy Daughter date" while you take the other off for a fun couple of hours together. Knowing that they have a set time every week when all of your attention is focused on them can help during the rest of the week.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2009