What is the deal with these celebretities wanting to adopt more kids?

I am glad that they want to help out a child but why more kids?
For example: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have 7 kids total (3 are their's) and now they want to adopt a child from the Phillipines.

I understand people helping people but why don't these celebrities help out people here in our United States why go so far away how about the ones that stay behind :(
I mean if they want to help why don't they just throw their money all over there to help everyone. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Entertainment

• i agree that they should try to adopt in the U.S. people think america is so great but there are plenty of children here who need homes.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Because it is easier and faster to adopt from those other countries than here.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• you already asked what I was going to point out....what about the USA? we have many children waiting for a loving home. if I ever was to adopt I would stick with my own country. if I was born in India or Africa, I'd adopt in India or Africa.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• free publicity. Celebrities biggest fear is to be forgotten. It keeps them in the limelight.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I am going to be very unpopular on this one...

Most of those celebs are NOT eligible to adopt from the US. There are tons of requirements and they don't meet them..
    It is NOT easier to adopt or faster to adopt internationally... I've done it so I know. It took us over 2 years to bring our daughter home.
    Most of the kids in the US are not available for adoption. TPR must be signed and that can take years, if ever. Also, some of those kids that are available have stipulations placed upon them.. no animals, no other children in the home, etc..
    Also, don't forget that Brad Pitt is one of the biggest contributors in NO getting it rebuilt after Katrina and Angelina Joile does a lot of humanitarian work as well.
    It is nobody's business how someone build's their family. Adoptive parents don't ask non adopters why those chose to have bio kids and not adopt. Unless you do it yourself, then don't make comments about the ones that do.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009