Outraged in Ohio!

Yesterday I posted a question and asked moms to visit oprah.com to print out a form letter in support of the Adam Walsh Bill. This bill just makes sex offender registry nation wide rather than state to state (which makes it easier for predators to move about unnoticed) As a mother of 5 kids I am appaled at the amount of moms who said they wouldn't print, sign and mail this letter to DC because they can get the info online for their area, or that it wouldn't do any good because our government doesn't care about sex offenders! This is not about who is in your area...it is about making them register nation wide that way they don't fall through the cracks. Am I the only one out here who cares about the children of others as well as my own? Is there no one out there willing to click a mouse and lick a stamp to make this country safer for your kids and mine? Sorry to rant but UGHHH!

salexander

Asked by salexander at 9:38 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• As a rape survivor, I am definitely interested in this. I did not see your post yesterday, sorry. I thought there WAS a national record?? What about watchdog.com? PLEASE let me know!! PM the info to me!! Thanks!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I agree with you..Although I didn't see your post yesterday I am really interested in the information!!  I find it strange as well that people wouldn't be interested in helping keep sex offenders away from not only their children but all children!

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I'm still not signing!! it just a waste of my time when they don't really read the paper you write to them about this kind of problem, they will just sweep under the table and then send you a copy letter sign that they got your info on it, not just that i bet you some of the head up in the goverment are prolly perverts anyway my state has found 3 of them and covered 2 dealth on an indian rez and what happen there the my state covered it up and the guy is still head man in my state
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• So anon. how do you know that it won't make a difference?? You aren't even willing to try? You say that you don't want to waste your time, but how much time could printing out a letter and sticking it in the mail take?
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• 40 cent i could buy juice fruit and at least it leaves a good taste in my mouth, now with the letter its just going to be a 15 cent copy going blah-blah- blah and thank you. i would rather use the internet and not just that some of the predators you are talking about they ether got blamed by an ex gf that wanted to make the guys life a living hell for dumping her or they chick lied about her age just to lose her cherry cause her friends lost theres and then the guy gets in heap of trouble cause she lied and he didn't check the id whitch most guys don't check cause they think the chick is telling the truth..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Anon you forget to mention the underage girls who get fake ID's to get into bars and clubs. So the guy thinks he is seeing an of age women when they are not. what about the girls who post nasty pictures of herself on myspace and facebook while sending it her boyfriend and then the rest of the school gets to see the pictures as well. Well that is now deemed child porn. So everybody involved can be charged not just the dumb girl who posted the picture of herself.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• whitch their is nasty ones out there. i just thinks its better to have stages of predtors cause really some of them just got in trouble just once. but really why waste a tree paper wheh it will not really get notice cause the goverment does have better things on their mind instead of this kind of DRAMA crap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Ok, some of you are REALLY missing the point. It is easier to sneak around, register somewhere and then skulk off to another state because there is no nation wide data base, only state to state. That is all this is about right now. It is a mouse click and an e-mail or stamp. I think some of you are really ignorant and selfish. You are purposely missing the point. What does it hurt to send in a letter? If this is your opinion, do you even vote? No vote=no opinion if you ask me. You have no right to bitch if you aren't at the very least willing to try to make things better. These are innocent children we are talking about...if they aren't worth a moment of your time who is? It is not about DRAMA it is about standing up for what is right even though the battle may be huge. If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would like to have it nation wide and make it where they can't be landlords either 3 months after we moved out of a rental trailer I discovered not only was the landlord a registered sex offender but was convicted of sexually assaulting a 16 year old boy.... I HAVE 2 Boys that scared the hell outta me!!!
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 10:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I bet all the ones saying this is a waste of time or effort on their part would be singing a whole different tune if a registered in one state living "illegally" in their state (not the one they registered in) done something to their child they'd be all kinda pissed!!!!!!

Where is the link to print it?
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 10:50 AM on Apr. 16, 2009