Gender question

I happened to think of this while reading something. I am in no way trying to cause an uproar by being insensitive! I am just curious to how the mind works and would like your opinions.

If a gay couple has children, do you think they want to teach their children to be gay, or do they just want to raise a "normal, healthy" child into adulthood? By normal I mean a heterosexual being. So, if this said child is opposite of their lifestyle of choice, would they be upset and/or angry?

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 9:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• My sister is gay...you can not teach someone to be
    gay..
    You are BORN gay...
    People can say all they want but you will never know the truth about being gay if you
    are not gay..
    I know plenty of women that have children, they just want to have a family.
    The teach them to be themselves.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Being gay is a genetic trait you have not a choice you make. A gay couple is no more abnormal then mixed races or straight people. A child will grow up and fall for whom ever they choose no matter how they were raised. If being gay is abnormal then why is it okay to date, marry and give birth to children outside your race? Last I knew that was a sin as well and no one seems to care about that. I was not raised to date outside my race and I have does that make me abnormal? I am not gay and if my child were to tell me she loves another woman then I will accept her and love her as long as the other woman is worthy of my daughter.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I beleive that they just want a family of their own and raise the kid like anyone else would.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 9:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Gay people are normal and healthy, at least as normal and healthy as hetro people are.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I agree with most of what Dannee said. I don't know if they're born that way or not because I'm not gay so I don't know if it's a choice or not. But I think all parents want their children to be whatever they want to be, or are as long as they're healthy and happy. That's kinda like asking if a blind or deaf person would prefer their child, or be disappointed if their child wasn't born with the same disadvantages as they were.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think you are born gay now if the child in between was born gay he/she will live out that life style if they are not born gay no matter what life style they live with the gay parents they will soon live their life the way they think suits them.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I hate these questions... EVERYONE is different.... every family is different.
    Anonymous

• Sorry for my choice of words! Obviously, I am not gay and I do not personally know anyone who is (therefore I cannot ask them my weird questions!) but, for ME normal is one male (with their male part) and one female (to which the male part fits to her female part to procreate). Anything outside of that is not normal - to ME.

I only wondered if the gay community way of thinking differed from the non-gay community. All communities differ in their thoughts. Race (color of skin), religion, lifestyle - they all play a part in that particular community's way of thinking. And my question was just a thought that popped into my head.

I like lisa ann p's analogy. I guess I was asking if a gay couple would PREFER their child to grow up embracing the gay lifestyle over a heterosexual one. Curiosity....
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009