I am worried, I have to get 4 cavities filled at 3:45!!!! I've never had a cavity before....what can I expect?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 9:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Health

• Its no big deal. They will numb your gums, then drill out the cavity and then fill it with whatever filling they use. The worst part is the numbing medicine wearing off because your face is itchy and feels weird and talking is a little hard. Just be prepared for the sound of the drill and you will be fine.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Thank you, I just wish it was over.

By the way I love your dds name....Brailyn. Thats unique but pretty.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you are really nervous just ask for gas. It will put you to sleep for the duration of the procedure. I had 4 as a kid an even then I never needed any anethesia. but some people do. Just make sure you dont eat anything sticky afterwards And dont drink anything... Follow the directions thr dentist gives you other wise you will have to go right back.
    shannonsmomm

Answer by shannonsmomm at 10:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The only thing that bothered me was when they first numb you. Other than that, it was a piece of cake.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2009