Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taxes HELP!

Ok, I am a big idiot. I havent filed an extension nor have I gotten my taxes done. Can I just go get them done or do I have to file an extension and THEN get them done? How does all of this work?!?!?!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • File the extension then get them done. Or wait until next year to file.

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • I need to have them filed for my FASFA. Do I just fill the extension out, mail it, and wait or just go a head and do them? I am seriously clueless about this. I have always just done them right when I got my w-2.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • there is an automatic 6month extension for alabama taxes idk about where you're from & idk about federal... but google your state's name and dor.... ex: alabama dor

    Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • There is no reason to send in an extension if you have already missed the due date. File your return ASAP and there will be some minor penalties and interest.,,id=206486,00.html?portlet=7

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.