Taxes HELP!

Ok, I am a big idiot. I havent filed an extension nor have I gotten my taxes done. Can I just go get them done or do I have to file an extension and THEN get them done? How does all of this work?!?!?!

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• File the extension then get them done. Or wait until next year to file.

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I need to have them filed for my FASFA. Do I just fill the extension out, mail it, and wait or just go a head and do them? I am seriously clueless about this. I have always just done them right when I got my w-2.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• there is an automatic 6month extension for alabama taxes idk about where you're from & idk about federal... but google your state's name and dor.... ex: alabama dor

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• There is no reason to send in an extension if you have already missed the due date. File your return ASAP and there will be some minor penalties and interest.,,id=206486,00.html?portlet=7