Congestion in a 1 year old

My son will be 1 in 2 weeks. He's had such bad congestion over the last couple weeks. His nose does run a little, but he's just so congested. I've been running a humidifier at night, but hasn't seemed to help. Is there any more I can do for him at this age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try propping his mattress upward on one side and have him sleep like that see if that helps instead of laying flat. Put a pillow or a thick blanket underneath the mattress and gowith it. GL
    I hope he feels much better. Make sure it is up on one end but not too high that he will slip downward just enough to incline his head.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Johnson and johnson has a mental bath that works great for my DD and also saline nasal spray and a nose sucker
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 10:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yes..get a vaporizer and some vicks liquid vapor you can buy them both togeather at Walmart. Every time my 1yr.old twins get sick that's what I use. Be sure to rince it out every day and let it dry. I only use 1 tble. spoon of the liquid vapo in the water and let it run all night.Be sure to keep several feet from his bed. :)
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 10:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I don't think you're supposed to give vicks at that age, at least my Dr. said not to.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2009