Embarrassing Question...

Down there is well very itchy and I can't go to the doctors, any ideas o nwhat to do? Or what it could be? Or how to treat it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Health

• Depends on if you have hair or not. Try grooming or shaving it all off. Could you have crabs? If you have they will go away. It is the outside or inside? Try using a yeast infection medicine or anti itch cream once you've trimmed it up or shaved it. If it is shaved and growing back it will itch so either shave again or bear with it until it gets longer.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I had that the other day I just made sure that area was clean and took a shower at night and put some anti-itch cream. It is kind of gone but man it was very annoying after awhile. GL
    I hope she feels better :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• look up some vagisil. sometimes that can take care of the burning. you need to see if there's any kind of rash or weird spots causing this. use a mirror or your SO possibly. do you shave? sometimes if it's been a while and those little hairs grow back in they itch/burn the hell out of me. It's totally embarassing, but I have to excuse myself to scratch down there. If it's anything like that, then you need to shave again very carefully, don't irritate the skin any more than it is, and try some kind of calming body wash down there. If you shaved and now you don't want to again, you're letting it grown back in...then just try and wet a cold wash cloth and lay down with it down there. good luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Crabs, ewwwwwww!

It is probably just a yeast infection. Go to the store and pick up some over-the-counter yeast infection cream.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• itching could be caused by so many things. Try soaking in a tub of hot water with some baking soda in it. You could also try using oil to rub on it or anti itching cream. If it's a yeast infection you could eat yogurt. Some sites have said to insert it or rub it on the itching area but I'm not sure about that one. If it continues I would find a way to the health dept or dr. It might be something that requires a prescription. (Some std's can cause an itch)

Answer by admckenzie at 10:19 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Be more specific. Down there as in outside down there or in your vagina?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I don't itch and I have hair down there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2009