If you don't agree with him, how can you be supporting him?

I see a lot of people that say they support Obama, but they don't agree with much of his policy. To support means that you uphold or advocate. So, you don't agree with his decisions, but you advocate them? I don't understand what other's think support means, since they clearly don't support Obama.
Some are very vocal in their non-suppport of his policy and I have way more respect for the people that call it like they see it instead of trying to be all things to all people.
So the question stands, how do you show support if you don't agree with his decisions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I support my country. I support the Constitution and especially the 1st Amendment right to Freedom of Speech. I support those who serve in the military to protect and ensure Freedom. I support individuals who work hard for their American Dream without being in a long term dependency on the government.

I do not support Big Government. I do not support Corrupt Government. I do not support amnesty for illegal aliens over the rights of American Citizens. I do not support the idea of becoming a nanny nation dependent on the government for social programs. I do not support signing the most expensive legislation into law and not even reading (or lying about its contents)

I will support the POTUS when they defend and protect EVERY American citizens rights within the Constitution. Not just those rights that meet their political agenda.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You can support your President NOT his choices.

Just like you can support a friend for having an abortion, yet not agree with the abortion in the first place.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I never voted for him, and don't agree with him.
    Anonymous

• If we all had to agree with every single thing our president did in order to support him no president in the history of the world would have a single supporter. I think your argument is silly. Shoot, I don't agree with everything my HUSBAND does, yet I love and support him....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• So anon 9:31, you support his bad decisions, or say the decisions he makes that you don't agree with? I can see you respect the office he holds, that's a different thing entirely. But do you support his agenda, his decisions, his policies?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• There are parts where I agree, and dont agree. Not everything is black and white. I have a mind of my own, thanks..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• He is the President of the United States of America. His approval rating is between 66-68%. I would say that means he has plenty of support for the decisions that he is making and the job that he is doing.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I agree with the majority of his decisions. Of course I am not going to agree with him 100%, but I definately support him because I truly believe that he is doing what he thinks is best for the American people and making the decisions he makes to benefit us all. Even if he ends up being wrong, I think that his intentions are good.
    Some issues that a President has to address are just lose-lose when they can't be met in the middle. (And Yes, I am saying this about previous presidents as well.) I obvisouly would like to "meet in the middle" on alot of issues but unfortunately that is just not possible when it comes to how this country is run. Things have to be one way or another. You can not please every one but I honestly think that he is trying his best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Even if you didnt vote for him, the president should be supported. But honestly, it doesnt matter if he is or isnt because he's here, we voted him in. Get used to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Hi approval rating is dropping and his approval rating for running the country is down. Polls on CNN and MSNBC are way misleading.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2009