The end of blue eyes? Do you care?

There was a news story about how blue eyes were once really prevalent in the US but because of all the biracial breeding going on that brown hair and eyes are taking over. My sis in law makes comments about it all the time because her family is of German descent and they all have blue eyes. She is prejudiced if you haven't already guessed. I don't know why she says this to me because I HAVE BROWN EYES! My grandfather was 1/2 Native Amer. so that's where MY eyes came from. She thinks America is becoming less American because of this. Do you agree? I don't. If her blue eyed relatives hadn't been allowed in the U.S., SHE wouldn't be here!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd hate to see blue eyes disappear. They are truly beautiful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think your sister is a twit. Thats all. :)

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You hit the nail on the head. German's didn't found this country. Not all Europeans have blue eyes and there are many, many ethnic groups that make up the U.S.A. It is silly to be offended because more people have brown eyes. Brown happens to be dominant over blue. She should take a genetics class or even basic biology. If she wants everyone to have blue eyes she could move to Germany. Oh wait, they have different ethnic groups too...
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think your sister misses Hitler.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Maybe Alzheimer will go away then. If your ever in a nursing home... (I work in one) If you look at all the azheimer patients... 95% of them have blue eyes... crystal clear blue eyes. Its sooo crazy. When I first started someone said something about that to me and I was thinking "your crazy" And once I got around and saw everyone I was like wow... its true. Its really weird.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• "I think your sister misses Hitler. "

LOL Maybe she is the reincarnation of Hitler.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It doesn't matter what color a person's eyes, what matters is their character, integrity, and how they treat others.
    Anonymous

• i love blue eyes think they are great, i have blue eyes so does my daughter. dh has brown eyes and they are just as beautiful though. it would suck if blue eyes disappeared altogether, but well thats the way things work sometimes. it just means those of us with blue eyes aren't as common place as we used to be :) that blonde hair blue eyed stereotype will hopefully be gone then by the time she gets to school...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Blue eyed people tend to have more eye issues. Actually, I think in a couple generations you'll see more minorities with blue eyes as more biracial people marry each other. I definitely don't think America is becoming less American though because there are less blue eyed people. In a way, I think it's becoming more American as you see more of a mixture of recessive and dominant traits in the same person.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 10:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My kids both have blue eyes, got from their dad, and it doesn't matter that they have that particular color.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2009