Natural Remedies for Kidney Stones?

We believe my husband has kidney stones because he has been having major aches and cramping for 2 days and then last night he was unable to pee. He was eventually able to get a little out after a warm shower but just a very little. He is going to the doctor this afternoon. Does anyone know of any home remedies for kidney stones? I am afraid that he will be sent home to pass it and I have read that it can take weeks.

He went to the ER last night twice but each time was told he would be waiting for 6-7 hours. -so upsetting!

Thanks for any help and replies in advance!
Christy84

Christy84

Asked by Christy84 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Health

• my husband has had quit a lot of kidney stones .ssometimes you have to be demanding to see a doctor .t have heard that watermelon rind made into a drink would help my husband never tried it altho the doctor can help to pass it by putting you in the hospital and putting you on i v but ounce my husbands stone was to big to pass and he had to have surgery. drink lots of liquids .i can tell you that they said that dairy products help caused my husbands i feel sorry for your husband but dont play with it ,it can cause a kidney infection
    kathy01

Answer by kathy01 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My husband has big kidney stones, if he couldn't pee it sounds like he might have a big one and might need to have surgery to remove or break it up. If he wants to try home remedies then he can try pureeing raw aspagus and drinking it in the day drink up to 6 cokes in 2 hours and see what goes from there, it should make it pass and it will hurt. My hubby quit after 1 day of it. Good luck.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• As one who has passed several kidney stones and had 4 surgeries to remove them do NOT have him drink carbonated beverages. They are just too hard on the kidneys. Have him drink beer or plenty of water. I mean so much water it makes him hate water. They have to be flushed out. I tried every home remedy I could find but none worked.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Thank you ladies! He is 33 years old and this is the 1st time this has happened.

I love the part about beer...dare I tell him :) He had a little Sambuca last night, he said it helped the pain. Poor guy....I just feel so bad for him.
    I am hoping this will pass quickly, hopefully with out surgery.

Not sure he would drink the aspergas coke, but will bring it up to him. Will be buying aspergus & watermelon today and will keep him away from dairy. Maybe I'll toss him a beer :)

If anyone else has ideas please, please share. Thank you.
    So happy to have Cafemom for questions such as this.
    Christy 84

BUMP
    Christy84

Answer by Christy84 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My husband, also, has had trouble with stones for about 6 years. He has an attack once or twice a year now. He upped his water consuption(including Kool-Aid) and stopped soda all together. One thing the DR told us is salty foods and chocolate can cause them. My husband does eat alot of deli meat, but he tries to stick with turkey. I agree the yes water/no soda thing is key. Good luck
    hmkr38

Answer by hmkr38 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2009