What is the difference between God Bless You and Guzuntite?

Where did the word Guzuntite originate?

Aaaaachoooooo!!!!

And why don't we say anything when people cough, burp (besides excuse me) fart (besides laugh) or any other sounds like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The word "Gesundheit" is German. It literally means "health." When you sneeze, people are wishing you good health. My DF says "Salud" which also means the same thing in Spanish. I was told that when you sneeze, your heart temporarily stops beating, so you say things like that to get it going again. My friend who told me this is Muslim and says her own version of "God Bless You" when someone sneezes. When people cough, burp, yawn, or fart, I don't think any of that stuff applies for the person who hears it to say anything. Even though it's polite to say "excuse me" in all of those situations (including sneezing) when you do it because it's just good manners.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 10:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• its german ...
    you say bless you because it comes from the days of the plagues and stuff when you sneeze it was supposed to mean you were gonna die so the prests would say god bless you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Same thing different languages.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The German word is "Good Health". Not God bless. Gesundheit.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• peek a boo!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• the german word means "good health" whereas god bless you means "uh oh you're soul is escaping"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I see the difference as 2 (one has 11 letters and the other only 9)

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 AM on Apr. 16, 2009