• In the Spotlight:

Libido Question????????????

Is there any way to boost my libido? My husband wants it every day and I could go a month without it. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Ask your dr if you can take Over the Counter DHEA. Don't take the whole capsule. I've read that's too much. (25 mg) Instead break it open and take about 5 - 10 mg a day and see if that doesn't perk your "want to" up. I sprinkle just a bit in my tea twice a day.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Are you on birth control? Any kind that uses hormones? That can COMPLETELY destroy your libido...

Try doing a google search on aphrodisiacs, there are scents, foods, etc. that should help some.

Then again, maybe you just need some time alone with your husband. Do something romantic. Get your engine running again...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I'm in the same boat..I hope someone has some answers..but here's a BUMP
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Oh God your not alone on this one - what are all Guys like that cuz mine sure is. GL. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I have a 6 and a 3 year old, it is hard to find time alone. I would love to be able to take a weekend away with him. We may get to do that later this year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It is good to know that there are a lot of other Moms in the same boat as me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Meet him in the middle. Once or twice a week. He can't have it everyday! You got shit to do! I've heard experts say to have sex even when you're not in the mood. The more often you have sex the higher your libido. I have yet to try this out. I heard it on GMA. But once a month, no no no. At least once a week.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• do it more often. This will boost your libido. Try masterbation too.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:25 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Try manual stimulation. It worked for me. And this worked for me too, I found that when my husband is horny and i'm really not, i'll sub sex for oral. Guys usually get a kick out of that if they haven't had it in awhile.
    mrslovely1112

Answer by mrslovely1112 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• DHEA you say admckenzie...hmmm. I may have to give that a try
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2009