I just want to see how other Moms feel about =

Being a sahm I often feel, like almost everyday: That I am fighting a battle by myself and LOOSING. It is the only way I know how to say it............. Anyone else feel like that?

bristle3kids

Asked by bristle3kids at 10:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I feel that way every day and I've been a SAHM for 9 years now. It's just the same crap over and over and over and over and it just never ends. The kids and my husband trash the house and then ignore me unless they want something. I'm nothing more then a maid to them. Every single day I get up and go into the kitchen and it's a disaster. So I spend an hour cleaning it and doing the dishes just to have it trashed by lunch time and have to start over. Then when I get up the next morning it looks just like it did the morning before. So what was the freaking point of cleaning it in the first place. No matter how much I work with the kids on cleaning up they don't do it. And why would they when Daddy doesn't clean up after himself. He's another child to take care of. It's mentally and emotionally draining. On top of that I'm told I'm not allowed to complain since it was my choice to have kids.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:47 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Been there, done that, got the T-shirt honey! Keep your chin up. It gets better as they get older. Once they are in about the 3rd grade their social lives really start to take off and so will yours.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Sometimes I feel like being a sahm, I'm not contributing enough to the bills and things. I mean I do all the work around the house and take good care of our son, but sometimes it never feels like enough.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I am right there with you hun. i feel like a coworker and my childern and hubby are the boss gesh!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• why do you feel you are losing? what do you feel you are losing? like your mind or something? I quit my job a month before my due date and havent come back. and my SO has an unpredictable schedule anyways so if i had a job I would never see him and would have to work weird late hours. so i decided to stay home. it's been tight budget-wise, but we manage! I felt I was going insane the first few months. all my friends dumped me and I was alone all day, with a tiny helpless baby. but once he got more active, and more mobile I started going to storytime at the library. he has made friends and I have made friends. so it's like I've started over, but it's gotten better!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:55 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• peek a boo!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i agree with beingamomrocks. I felt so guilty at first, not being able to help with bills. I did receive an inheritance and wasnt smart with saving all the money, but I did try to help out with bills while I could. but once it was all gone, it was all on SO. he understand though. he works all day at his job, and I work 24/7 caring for our son. of course SO is a wonderful father, but he leaves me in charge of almost everything care-wise to our son. motherhood is a hard tiring job!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I just mean with the everyday shit-.................... Just Life I guess.

The trashing - breaking everything in house. The dogs ( need I say anymore) The cat. I could go on and on. Just Life.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 11:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I hate staying at home. Laundry and dishes aren't challenging enough..............it really does feel like a hopeless cycle.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Since you are blessed enough to stay home with your children, why not just change things up a bit when you feel you're in a rut and go out a do something fun with the kiddies?
    MaysonsMommy805

Answer by MaysonsMommy805 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 16, 2009