Single Mothers: What type of relationship do you have with your child's father?

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 10:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• dude gets on my nerves man. haha. he can be a jackass sometimes. i'll just leave it at that.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 12:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Hate the sperm donor. We dont talk he doesnt see his son
    Renni

Answer by Renni at 10:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• When I was a single mother (I am now engaged) at first the relationship stunk. I was still angry at him and not seeing the real picture.
    When the anger not longer exsisted, we put our heads together and we now work together.
    It is all about the child. Some people take years to get past the anger and don't see how that hurts the children.
    We get along very well and I am proud to say that.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• not good. He's an abusive jerk who I have to threaten to put in jail when he doesn't pay his back child support

Answer by admckenzie at 11:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My son's real dad hasn't seen him or spoken to him in over 5 years! Out of all the people in the whole world, he is my very least favorite, but I would never let my son know that. It's important to me that he is able to make his own opinions of his dad. His dad will occasionally talk to me, usually once a year ish (sometimes much longer). He always thinks we should just pick up and be friends, but I simply can't do that. He left the most important person in my life, just abandoned him and I can't forgive him. I was always the only person around to pick up the pieces when my 2 year old would cry for daddy. Up until we went to court in January he wouldn't even give me a contact phone number or address. Honestly though, my son isn't missing out on much, just a drunk, pot head who never grew up.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I have no relationship with my childs father! I hate the guy with every burning passion inside of me! Anyone that can abandon thier child is a pile of sh** in my book, and to me he is on the top! We are going thru a very ugly court battle right now. I would hope one day we can get over the hate and be parents but right now that isn't even an option. He hasn't seen his daughter in 5 months now. He is more worried about his new girlfriend that he got a month after we broke up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• wow.. my bd & i are just on friend-to-friend basis. no relationship. no sex. no late night phone calls.

overall he's really a great guy.. he gets everything our daughter needs. and right now he's working hard to be a state trooper.

but, in other areas he needs some work.

he comes over once in a while to see his daughter.. she stays with me 100%.

over all he's a good guy, i can't lie. but.. i can't be with him all the time. it's better for us all this way. i can't always tolerate... who he is? it's complicated. haha.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 12:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I'm still friends with my baby's father. The breakup was amiable.
    vamom2be

Answer by vamom2be at 12:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• We are friends. Still talk and have normal conversations.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I don't and never will. I can't stand the moron. He is a loser. I will be nice to him only if my son is around, otherwise THE GLOVES COME OFF. Lets just stop now or I won't stop.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2009