Hairstylest? Help?

I so cannot find any hairstylest That can even trim my hair right much less become a respected, trusted hairstylest. I dont know what to do its frustrating: I have very long very nice curly hair thats thin but looks thick. I have went in for tims to 4-5 diff. salons over 6-7 yrs just for a trim Im not trusting it to someone who cant even trim it correctly. I know it doesnt need thinning, and should be much shorter in front but Im lost at what to say. its time for anouther try an i just realy dont even want to look again. Any Thoughts??

Bel.s

Asked by Bel.s at 10:55 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I am a hairdresser and have personally also ran into the same situation as you and i know all of what to say. the problem is finding a hairdresser that will do what YOU want and not what they personally think will look good. You need to be very specific and straitforward. Repeat yourself its ok. Just tell them, "look ive had numerous bad hair experiences and im looking for someone who i can go to regularly but noone seems to do what i ask to be done everytime i go" and just tell them , i only want a light trim, like not even a half inch ( if thats the case) say i want it blunt cut, no layers and i dont want it thinned out) after thats done then see if youd like just a little bit taken off around the face and again be specific, Ive learned its best to say what you dont want to happen. like i dont want the layers around myface to be any shorter then where my nose is. - Any more questions feel free to ask ;)
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 10:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Sounds like my hair. It's very wavy/curly but thin and fine. I hate the way it looks straightened because it looks so blah.
    When looking for a new stylist ask people who have hair similar to yours. Many shops will also let you watch the stylist work.
    Many stylist need to work with your hair a few times to get an idea of what way the curl goes and the texture.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 11:12 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i havent thought of asking someone with culy hair and i start with a trim and they always talk like the know what there doing admitting its difficult but it gets worse evertime. Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• my daughter is a hair dresser and has the same hair...i am thinking that you should get long layers.it will still be long and keep the curls but it will give it some body...if you want post a picture and i will show it to her but thats what i think you should do after listening to her and she works for a reputible salon in mass near boston...put some gel in it.maybe angled layers in the front???
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I have curly hair and they use to mess mine up bad.. so I learned to cut my own.
    To cut mine I wash it first, then let it dry, and get out my straightening iron. This way I know exactly how much is coming off and how it's going to be styled. So before going to a salon, straighten your hair, and request that they cut it as it. So they can make a better cut, and style to your liking. (straight hair is easier to cut than curly)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2009