Should your husband get you a gift for Mother's Day?

I've heard several different answers to this question. A lot of women expect their SO to get them a gift, but my in-laws are like, why? You are not his mother. So do you get a gift or expect one from your SO, BF, or DH?

dawn_misayo

Asked by dawn_misayo at 11:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• yes i expect one from my DH i may not be his mom but i am the mother of his kids, and even when they are old enough to go get me one i will still expect one from him. just like i get him a gift for fathers day
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:04 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Uh yeah, mine always does. I mean you are the mother of his children, right.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 11:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• no, you are not his mother

Answer by admckenzie at 11:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I'm not his mommy so I don't expect anything. He usually does get me something but I wouldn't boo hoo or be mad if he didn't.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:07 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My kids are young so I expect him to help them do something nice for me. Make me something, or signa acard I dont care, but something.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• He ususally get me flowers, and helps my baby get me something. This year ill be super pregnant if not popping.. so he will still only have 1 baby to take care of the gift for... hes sweet though.
    I dont EXPECT anything on mothers day. Not even from my little girl. Im sure i will get something.. but to EXPECT something is a different story.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:10 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It seems like a very divided issue. My family is like what? Why wouldn't he get you something?? and his family is like, why would he? You are not his mom! So I wanted to see what everybody else does. Nobody ever talks about this.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:12 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Saying no he is not your mother to me is a laugh, a slap in the face.
    It is Mothers Day ...all people involved should be grateful. It is another important day to say..
    Honey I love you and you are a great mother, I appreciate all that you are and all that you do for our family..
    My SO gets me gifts from our children and I will get alittle something from him.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Absolutly! My Dh Takes our child out and they shop for me, he does always get me something special from him in thanks to being a good mom to his child. My Own father calls and wishes me a Happy Mothers Day! My Mom Isnt here any more. You do deserve to be reconized AS A MOTHER IT IS WHAT The day is for " MOTHERS"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yes, especially if the children are to young to know how to do it on their own. The father should assist the kids with getting or MAKING something and it would be from ALL of them.

No you are not the dh mother, but you do mother his children, and that should be a worthy thing to honor and thank you for.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2009