What are some things I can do to get "myself" back after having a child 16 mos. ago ?

I am 28 and feeling rather older than I should. I am realizing that I am not happy with my self image, I gained alot of weight during my pregnancy, and have lost most of it..the last 20 pounds is so hard considering I have hypo thyroidism. Any suggestions would be great. I am a full time house Mom...(not used to this) and a step Mom to two teenage girls who live with us.

kgirlee7

Asked by kgirlee7 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You could try taking walks with the kids. It doesn't have to be a long walk, sometimes just a few blocks or a short stroll around the neighborhood will get the metabolism going. I know it sounds counterintutive, but eating can help jump start your metaolism. I am not suggesting a huge meal, but an apple with peanut butter and some raisins with a glass of OJ in the morning can do wonders. I have found that portioning put the kids food ahead of time helps keep ME from snacking while making snacks and meals for the kids. Also, try brushing your teeth right before you feed the kids, it helps me avoid snacking on what they leave behind. And drink LOTS of water water is a natural diuretic and it flushes poisions and extra toxins from your system which can help you lose weight when all else has failed.
    Good luck
    sarahgagnon

Answer by sarahgagnon at 12:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• weight watchers is great if you have self control I do not I have seen ;ots of people drop a lot of weight with it
    goingcrazy101

Answer by goingcrazy101 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Hello, I can provide some information for you on a treatment garment that burns fat and helps you lose weight and restore your body back, also try a natural body cleanse for your colon that sometimes adds to our weight...just let me know..be blessed
    cbarconia

Answer by cbarconia at 1:17 AM on Apr. 18, 2009