Mother's Day gift or acknowledgement

i am pregnant with mine and my fiance's first baby. Is it wrong to want to at least be acknowledged for my soon to be mom status. i dont expect a present or a to be taken out to dinner, but something said would be nice. Is that wrong since I'm not a mom yet?

Rngrad_2006

Asked by Rngrad_2006 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no its not wrong but most pregnant mothers dont get acknowledgement .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• no its nt wrong i was the same way but my family said i wasnt a mom yet so i had to wait till the next year to get anything even a happy mothersday well this mothersday is my 1st my son is 5 months old and i better a least get a happy mothersday
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• When i was pregnant with my daughter i got a card and dinner.

I think you should get at least acknowledged. In my opinion, you are a mother from implantation.
    :D
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• sweetheart you ARE a mom. your child just happens to be inside you still. so Happy Mothers Day to you, have a GREAT one!!!
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think so! I am 35 weeks now, and honestly I highly doubt my SO will even KNOW its mothers day let alone acknowledge it! LOL!
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 11:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• thanks to all of you who answered
    Rngrad_2006

Answer by Rngrad_2006 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I was pregnant during Mother's Day last year. I got some cards from family, and one from my DH, plus flowers. Nothing huge, no gifts, no dinner, but acknowledgement.

Not sure what's happening this year. Usually we do a Mothers Day Brunch with my MIL and pay for her meal.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• YES you are a mother.... with me I am as well I am 19 weeks Pregnant and I have an angel in Heaven...So neither one i can hold but yet I am a MOTHER... Go on YouTube and type in What makes a Mother and you will see that your baby doesnt have to be here on earth or even where you are able to hold him or her yet... your baby is inside you so YES you are STILL a MOTHER
    Julians_Mommy09

Answer by Julians_Mommy09 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2009