Did/do you have sciatic pains?

Mine are terrible this pregnancy, it even hurts if I'm sitting or laying down. Any suggestions as to what to do to make it not hurt so much?

I think I'm going to make an appointment with the physical therapist next week unless I find something that works before then (they are pricey).

Thanks in advance!

julipickle2

Asked by julipickle2 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i did in the beginning . all i could do was use a warm compress and stretch .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I had them also. The Chiropractor can help re-align the hips to make the pain go away. Most insurance cover these visits.
    Annuta

Answer by Annuta at 11:29 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• We have an individual plan and the chiropractor or physical therapist visit just goes towards the regular deductible, not the maternity co-pay (since they claim it doesn't have anything to do with maternity) so I'll have to pay full price until my deductible is met. It's no fun.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I had them terribly with this pregnancy, I would recommend a warm compress. The DR also recommended buying a maternity belt. It will help to keep your baby belly raised a little bit and keep some of the pressure off of your back.
    Best of luck!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I had them horrible when i was pregnant and my husband would rub me down when i needed it that really helped out a lot especially when he would use heat oils try heated oils or deep massage
    Anonymous

• i had them really bad to the point that i couldnt walk or let my leg to get dressed google static nerve stretch and it should pull up a video that was the only t hing that made it bearable i tryed the chiropractor and it helped for a day maybe two at the most and the maternity belt did nothing for me just made me hot and itchy. i hope this helps you i know how much pain you are in.
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 1:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009