A question about formula intake.

My baby is three weeks old and he has been eating four ounces every three hours. He never goes over four hours in the night before he wakes up hungry but last night it was like five or six hours before he woke up hungry. Is this ok? And then he woke up like three hours later but only ate around two ounces. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Be thankful. If he needs to be fed, he will wake up and let you know. There is nothing wrong with him sleeping that long at night without eating. The more sleep you get while he's sleeping, the fresher and happier you will be when you both wake up and it's time to play. ;) My son started doing that consistently at about a month old.
    georgeswife5014

Answer by georgeswife5014 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• When my LO was that small we kind of just had to go with the flow. I mean they just know when they're hungry. We were feeding him four ounces every three hours and then every once in a while he'd scream like an hour later, found out he was hungry again. He's steady with his weight so it just depends on baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Feed him what he wants when he wants it. That's all there is to it. Don't listen to the books, don't listen to your mom, don't listen to other moms here (um..er..ah well, you know)...just listen to your baby.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009