How much does a hostess spend for the mom to be on the gift?

I'm throwing her a shower and feeding 20+ people and I don't know how much to spend on her gift? Thanks for your answers!

Mumjen2

Asked by Mumjen2 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Entertainment

• I would just get some really small stuff that alot of people overlook. Or see if you can chip in $20-30 on one of the bigger items with a few other people. With the amount of money though you are spending on the party though I wouldn't expect you to spend more than about $30. If you want you cn always bring up anpther gift to the hospital when she has the baby too if you feel bad abou tit and dont have the money right now. My best friend got ME stuff at my shower. She got me a whole pamper pack thing with bubble bath, a new robe, nail polish and some other girly stuff in it. I loved it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The way I saw it, the party IS your gift to her
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't go by price. I'd go by value. That is to say, what does she need? Personally, I'm with Zata, the party is your gift

Answer by admckenzie at 2:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• ok..i just bought her a diaper bag.
    Mumjen2

Answer by Mumjen2 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009