How much to do spend on a baby shower gift?

I'm throwing my friend a shower and I don't know how much to spend for the gift? I'm also feeding 20+people at the shower. Thanks for your answers!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how ever much you want.
    i had soem friends that got me just some onsies and then someone else got me a carseat stroller.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• When I threw a baby shower last month, I didn't get the girl a gift.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• just something small if anything, you are throwing the shower so you've paid for all of that. if you want to get her something just a cute lil outfit or a pack of diapers is fine. baby stuff is cheap so its easy to find something that she can use for cheap...shampoo, diapers, onesies, socks, booties that kinda thing. for my sisters bridal shower i got her a cheap hoodie and used rhinestones to write bride on the back (the iron on kind) she loved it and it only cost me $15.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• However much you want/can. You can get a cute outfit off a clearance rack for $5-$10 and leave it at that.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I feel like the shower is the gift, but if you can afford to buy something else, that's up to you. Maybe a pack of diapers? Those are always appreciated!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 11:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you know the name of the baby you could buy block letters to spell it out or spell boy or girl as decoration, then give them to her for the babies room. I think the shower is a gift, but if you want to buy a gift I would get something for $20...maybe a keepsake like a piggybank or picture frame.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I never spend a certain amoutn I go I see whts cute and I get it. LOL. But one time I went to a shower where they didnt know if it were a boy or girl so I did a basket with stuff like pacifier bottle ointment onsies ect. It ened up totaling like $70.00 for all that small stuff so it adds up fast.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 12:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you buy off season clothes you can get them on clearance. If you buy used clothes. I take used clothes but some people are different. That money adds up. Or get her a store card.
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• usually the person throwing the shower doesnt get a gift because the shower is the gift to the mother
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2009