Would you ever do this?

I have a "friend" (16)I met her through family friends. We arn;t close but I'm really worried about her. She was abusing drugs, alcahol, and having sex with everyone she could. She has really bad depression. She told her folks she has a problem and needs help. They ignored her. She tired to kill herself, and ended up in the hospital. The hospital tried to find a rehab for her but couldn't so she was released. He folks were pissed she came back, they thought they got rid of her. No they are shipping her away to live with an elderly grandmother in Philly. Inner city were she can get make on drigs and all that. Is it just me or is that poor parenting. I have tried to help this girl find get sober and life back on track. But now her folks are telling ppl I'm a crack head, I don't do drugs.

Would you ever do this to your child or someone thats trying to helop your child?

Also if you have any suggestions for me, plz share

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• She needs help. Maybe you can talk to her and have her make some phone calls, with your help, to try to find a doctor and a suitable rehab place for her.

About her parents.....they sound like trash.
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 10:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• if thats truly everything, then yea, that would be horrible parenting. even if they were fed up with her.. try something to get your child into counseling..

call around i guess.. there has to be someone willing to help her. she needs a mentor.. someone she can look up to. someone she can trust. &someone who'd steer her in the right direction .because her parents arent it. how's her grandma? i hope she's caring.. who knows maybe she'll be the one who really can help her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• That is awful. That child needs to be with someone that cares about her. That can take care of her. She would be better off with strangers.I hope gma can handle her and care enough to get her the help she desparately needs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Would you be able to take her in?  You seem to be someone who cares for her...just something to think about.

mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I can only temporary or I'm breaking my lease. But her folks hate me. They are convinced I'm a sex addicted crack head(which I'm totally not!), and they have refused to ever met me. Just seen me around town. They are crazy.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009