My baby is gone for the first time........

My mom took her upstate with her for a family visit. I couldnt go because of school.....ive done nothing but cry......shell be gone for three days and shes a year old. How long did you ever leave your first childs side and how did you handle it?

collegemom1007

Asked by collegemom1007 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe for one day but you know your baby is in good hands and she is probably having fun you are just missing your baby so bacly and you are alone at the moment that is why it feels so intense don't worry you baby is fine and before you know it she will be back in your arms. Just take deep breaths and do something to occupy your body and mind. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• In November when I had my youngest son I was away from my three for a week!!!! He came to see me at the hospital but it wasn't the same has being at home with him.
    LND

Answer by LND at 12:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I meant to say my three year old not my three.LOL
    LND

Answer by LND at 12:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My mom has been taking my dd every other weekend (just for one night) since 3 weeks old! We left dd with mom for our anniversery cruise for a week. She'll be 2 next month. :)

Don't worry about it. It's always harder on you than the baby. So just keep busy.
    Anonymous

• I went to the Bahamas for a week with a friend of mine and left my 2 "men" at home to be batchelors. My son was 1 yo. I had a ball. There were no worries. I knew that all was well, so I didn't have any difficulties leaving for 7 days.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The longest I have been away from my daughter was one entire day, she spent the night with my mom so me and hubby could have some alone time.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Well, dh took dd over to his parents house for the day, because I have to study and it just feels weird being here all by myself. And yes yes, I'm about to study! I have to because she will be home around 730, so I gotta really take advantage of the time.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2009