Can I paint while pregnant?

We have to paint my son's new bedroom this weekend and I am 31 weeks preggers. Can I help DH as long as I open windows and take lots of breaks so I don't inhale fumes?

bhwrn1

Asked by bhwrn1 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it is a good idea. You could tape it then let him paint it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• ya youll be fine just keep it well vented.
    did you already get the paint? if not there is this one paint brand that has no odor that may help too
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I am going to ask my doctor about this today. I will try to remember to come back and let you know what she said!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 12:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yeah, already got the paint. Was gonna go with low or no VOC, but it was twice the price. And I can't afford it with baby on the way!
    Thanks for the answers ladies.
    bhwrn1

Answer by bhwrn1 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I have painted while pregnant before, with all the windows opened, and the only thing that bothered me was the smell.. but I took a lot of breaks and made sure not to get up on the ladder, plus becareful with any tough moves that involve your adominals, because you will be way sore and could possible pull a muscle OUCH. Also you can do the taping and then cut in the corners for hubby then let him finish the rest.

I guess this is your call hun...
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 3:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009