How can I get crayon stain off of clothes?

My son left 2 crayons in his pants pocket and I washed and dried them. The dryer, obviously, melted the crayons. It wasn't as bad as it could've been. The problem is I have little blue stains over most of his clothes. I'm amazed that the red didn't spread. It just stayed in and on the pocket. Thank God for one small favor. The stains (except for on the pocket of the pants) are not thick or waxy. Can anyone tell me how I can get the stains out? I haven't tried stain remover or anything yet because I don't want to make it worse or set them in. HELP!

wokingmommy

Asked by wokingmommy at 11:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Hopefully the crayons were Crayola. I know name brand is hard to stomach these days because of the price, but what you spend in money you save in sanity and laundry expenses. Crayons most of the time just wash right out of clothing. If there are big stains or those "greasy" spots left on the clothing take an old rag and a hot iron put the rag in between the clothes and the iron and let it get nice and hot...after about 15-30 seconds (don't over-do or you will burn the clothes) look at the spot if still not enough is out go to a clean section of rag and repeat until most of the stain is gone. Wash in warm water with your normal detergent and voila no more crayon. Then go thru your house and throw away all the off brand crayons!!! Crayola comes right out in the wash- gotta love the water-soluable formula.
    Good luck.
    sarahgagnon

Answer by sarahgagnon at 12:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You can also try Murphy's Oil soap. Cover each spot with the soap and let it set for 30 minutes and wash on hot.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• A product called OIL EATER, found at most auto stores or you can also get it online. I KNOW this will work, daughter did a whole load of laundry and the crayons went all through the clothes. She added it to the load and washed them again. Only lost a couple items. Can't live without this stuff. It even took permanent marker off her recliner and stamping ink from her carpet..she has three little ones.. 2, 4, and 6 and pregnant with twins.....
    QuiltLover

Answer by QuiltLover at 12:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• try wd40
    grandmotherjane

Answer by grandmotherjane at 2:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2009