I dont want to harm my baby, so what can i take for my cold?

i been sick for a week now..I went to the ER lastnight for chest pains while i cough..But lastnight i could actually talk and my coughing wasnt THAT bad to them...but now i cant talk, my throat is raspy and im weezing when i cough too. When i cough it also lasts for a while..its not just *cough cough*

its more like *coooouuuuugggghhhhhhh ahhhh couuuuggghhhhhh...cccoooouuuggghhhh cccoooouuuugggghhhh cooouuuggghhh* plus weezing...

The docs prescribed me with Robitusinwith Codeine in it..i took my 2 doses already and i feel worse!!!!

what can i do

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 12:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there are two stages of bronchitis. acute which can be caused by a virus or infection. you can use a humidifier/vaporizer to help you open your passages to help you breath. and believe it or not coughing is good for you even though it may hurt. it is your bodys way of eliminating the infection so use a cough med. as a last resort. drink plenty of fluids. the water you drink the more it will break up the infection and it will be easier to cough it up. if you have a sore throat you can use the tea with honey but you can also gargle with warm salt water. but only one teaspoon of salt. too much salt and irritate your throat further. get plenty of rest and let your body heal. hope you feel better soon.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• all i ever took for acold honey was tyelnol cold it seemed to help me out a little took a while but it worked.
    id also call your dr and tellt hem your just getting worse maybe they can do soemthing
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• just tylenol products.
    Anonymous

• i cant call...lol...they wont hear me...i have no voice =P
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• anon...Tylenol doesnt work for me =( ive tried it...i WISH they worked :-\
    oh i do wish they worked... <3
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I am not a doc but it sounds like you could have bronchitis. for the cold part you can take this stuff called coricidin it is safe to take for pregnancy. and if you don't know for sure you can always ask your pharmacist. and you can ask him what is best med. to break the junk out of your chest. but try sleeping propped up and not flat. and use a vaporizer to help loosen the yuk out of your chest. hope you get better soon.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• oh i thought you said it got better :( my bad honey .... try tea with honey hot tea of course lol . that may help your thorat out alot.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• anything i can do about broncitis...my fiance sounds like i might actually have that..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I know a lot about both kinds of bronchitis i have gotten it every year since i was 4 and i am now 25. and don't need a doc for it any more
    the second kind is chronic bronchitis. which can be caused by smoking, second hand smoke, bacteria, or fungus. which is probably not what you have. unless you have been around anything like that but you can take the same steps as i gave you previously for that. sometimes if it is chronic you may need an inhaler which i need most of the time. and an antibiotic called zythromicine.( or some kind of spelling like that)
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009