Yep who thinks laying down a comfortable 13 billion dollars to get started on a high speed rail transportation is another fiscally IRRESPONSIBLE, ECONOMICALLY IMPOSSIBLE, idea?

Oh yeah it's a great idea....where are wer gonna get that money from you moron????? Should we sell our soles to China, now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If it creates jobs and the end result is people use it, thus easing the strain off our roads and gas, then I don't see it being a bad idea. Do you know many of the toll roads in this country are owned by other countries?
    Anonymous

• YES! We voted against here in California, but it passed anyway. CA is ALREADY in debt and we need the money elsewhere.
    High Speed railstansportation is a GOOD THING- but it's just not the right time.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Uuuggghhh. If they keep up this pace we are going top be bankrupt before the 2010 elections. I hope the Dems enjoy their last few months of hold on the country.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• China makes a majority of the shoes we wear.

I voted against the idea, but I do see how its going to create a lot of jobs, which will help a lot of people out. Air quality is also a major problem. This will help get more cars off the road.

I voted against it because I agree, it IS a huge chunk of money and I don't know anyone personally who is planning on using this system.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• We have already sold our souls to China. I think it is a good idea simply because we need to get our country working again and we need a high speed rail system. We need alternative transportation. I agree where are we going to get the money though.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think high speed rail is a good idea. It creates jobs to build and maintain the rail system. It will reduce our dependence on foreign oil, and is better for the environment.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 12:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I read a Univ Study that said they had underestimated the cost of this project by BILLIONS of dollars and local and state government will be expected to fork in some $$... If I can find the study, I will post it. But it is typical BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDING... Spend before they think.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I voted against this mess. But the majority of the voters in CA will vote for any junky bond issue that comes along. Bonds easily DOUBLE the cost of a project. Sigh.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I don't know. It may be a good idea. If we are able to save $ on gas & not be so dependent on those blood sucking oil producing countries, it may be cheaper in the long run.Less pollution and traffic jams, too, which is a major consideration. Plus there are the jobs to be created. What made FDR so effective in pulling our country out of a Depression is that he gave Americans jobs for actually rebuilding & improving America. Not just handouts. I see Obama trying to do the same thing.Yes, it's not cheap, but it beats wasting money on wars & overseas bailouts. By the way, did you hear about how the makers of private luxury jets and military fighters are complaining about decreased sales? They want some help in Washington, too. Please.. We are ALL cutting back. The taxpayers are not responsible for fixing every bloated overpaid industry that is in decline during a recession.
    Darkwolf

Answer by Darkwolf at 12:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I don't think China wants the bottom of our feet!
    Anonymous