Swollen feet

Im almost 6 months prego, and Im starting to feel my feet and hands starting to swell what do i do to avoid it??

MamaStrawBerry1

Asked by MamaStrawBerry1 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Rest and drink lots of water. I would keep tabs on them and let your Dr know if they seem too swollen too often.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 12:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• See ive been drinking alot of water lately.. and sleeping a lot more bc my iron's low so idk what this could be...
    MamaStrawBerry1

Answer by MamaStrawBerry1 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• my doctor kept telling me its normal theres nothing you can do to avoid it. i hated my doctor...lol
    keep your feel and legs up and drink water. thats what my mother always told me
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 12:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• When that happened to me when I was pregnant with my kids, I cut down salty foods, msg in foods, drink a lot of water, and put my feet up as much as I can. Hope that helps
    lily7

Answer by lily7 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The same thing happened to me. By the ninth month, I was miserable. LOL My husband always teased me saying that I had elephantitis (sp?) Anyway, I was fine so im sure you will be ok. Make sure and point it out to your dr. when you have an appointment though. Sometimes they forget to check your feet (mine did anyway). If you are worried call the doctor though because I have heard it could be dangerous. But very common in preggos!

Another thing is... My swelling didnt go away until about two weeks after giving birth!!! Good luck and if I can do it, you can!
    Anonymous